02 June 2020

Inexpensive luggage set


I've recently been saying goodbye to my old comic book collection and selling the comics on eBay.  Before doing so I give them a last "goodbye read," during which I encountered the ad shown above.

I never did order that luggage set.  Adjusting for inflation, the $3 cost in 1960 is equivalent to $26 now, so too expensive at the time.  And I still don't need a vanity and cosmetics case (8" long), but that "family size" one (14" long) might hold a piece of clothing.

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about creating an eBay store to liquidate old comics that I no longer care about. But I'm skeptical that I would earn enough money to be worth the supplies, mailing, and work involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a hard call. I think it will be worth it when I get to my superhero ones, but for the cartoon-types, there's a lot of time involved (more important to me than expenses) to get material photographed and scanned, described, packed and shipped. Not a way to make money IMHO. But with no kids, these need to go somewhere. If I donate to the library they would be at risk for getting pulped.

      Delete
  2. around here, the 'paper' that most recyclers want is plain old cardboard. all other paper gets trashed. you may consider a donation to a school or museum?

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of cardboard, That's what this luggage set was made of ("pressed chipboard"). And if leatherette isn't faux enough for you, they offer SIMULATED leatherette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i bet they all nest within each other, too.

      I-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...