02 May 2010

Killer Queen


I'll end my blogging day/week with a classic Queen piece.  And for the benefit of those who (like me) mumbled at points while singing along for not understanding all the words, here are the lyrics:

She keeps Moet et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet.
'Let them eat cake' she says -
Just like Marie Antoinette.
A built-in remedy
For Khrushchev and Kennedy -
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline.

Caviar and cigarettes,
Well versed in etiquette.
Extraordinarily nice.

Chorus:
She's a Killer Queen -
Gunpowder, Gelatine -
Dynamite with a laser beam.
Guaranteed to blow your mind.
Anytime.

Recommended at the price,
Insatiable in appetite -
Wanna try?

To avoid complications,
She never kept the same address.
In conversation,
She spoke just like a baroness.
Met a man from China,
Went down to Geisha minor*
Then again incidentally
If you're that way inclined.

Perfume came naturally from Paris.
For cars she couldn't care less.
Fastidious and precise.

Chorus

Drop of a hat she's as willing as,
Playful as, a pussy cat.
Then momentarily out of action,
Temporarily out of gas.
To absolutely drive you wild, wild
She's out to get you.

Chorus

Recommended at the price,
Insatiable in appetite.
Wanna try?
You wanna try.

* some people hear this as "Asia Minor" or "Geisha Minah." This link and this one have other "mondegreens" related to this song.

7 comments:

  1. Even though half the internet says gelatine for these lyrics, I've always thought it was 'guillotine', British-style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently one of your links agrees with my own "misheard lyrics": It says the original was:
    "Dynamite with a laser beam"

    I still remember hearing Journey's "I cooooome to you, with brooooken arms"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure if I should thank you or not. I watched the Bhoemian videos and thus set my mind for some serious Queen revival. Now with Killer Queen, I am finding myself humming along to it for the last three days. Not bad, but just there. I have not thought of or heard Queen (except the ballpark anthem, We Will Rock You) for a while and I really loved them.

    Thanks for the revival, even if it is on a loop in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rich, I fully understand. It's stuck in my head right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this about a particular person?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, not as far as I know. Nor have I seen such a suggestion in anything I read preparing the post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...