22 July 2013

A graph to share with math-challenged friends

From Chris Blattman, via Within the Crainium.


  1. When I was in school you would get an instant F on a paper/test etc. if you didn't clearly mark that the Y axis doesn't scale linearly starting from 0 on a graph such as this. I suppose this would be a double failure.

    1. Probably a triple failure if you also describe a sequence of integers as a "rate."

  2. In before, Correlation doesn't imply causation.
    Also I'm confident, that a murder every 36 minutes constitutes a rate. Even more unsettling is the fact that it's only two months ago that I learned the math instructions on how to correctly make histograms (something about adding half an interval in front), yet I already forgot almost all of it.

  3. This graph just goes to prove that, once again, Microsoft IS the beginning and continuation of evil!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...