26 April 2011

"At first you wear light colors. After you kill the man, darker colors."

"In the beginning you act like a nice girl. But then, after you kill the man you meet in the little house, you become a bad girl. Yes? First half, good girl. Second half, bad.”
 
“I get you,” she said. That was his direction, Greer recalled. “But I did throw in a few big eyes anyway. I couldn’t help myself.”

Tourneur also discussed with her his plan for the character’s wardrobe, something typical of his films’ subtle, insidious visual design. “At first you wear light colors. After you kill the man, darker colors. In the end, black.”
-excerpted from Lee Server’s Baby I Don’t Care
Excellent film noir.  Via Old Hollywood.

1 comment:

  1. Stephen Frears has Angelica Huston do a similar wardrobe change in The Grifters. She starts out in beige, and finishes in blood red.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...