25 April 2013

Meet "The GoosInator"


Anyone who has ever slipped on goose poop in a park knows that a flock of Canada geese can make recreational areas unsuitable for humans.  The many large lakes around Madison, Wisconsin attract large numbers of geese.  One response is depicted in the video above and described in a Wisconsin State Journal article:
The stalker is the “GoosInator,” a $2,800 DayGlo orange drone of foam, plywood and plastic sent out to make a lasting impression on the city parks’ goose population. “The goal is to make life uncomfortable for geese, who see it as a predator..."

4 comments:

  1. I'm a 46 year-old child. I could chase those geese with that thing for hours on end. Laser pointers work well with ducks too. (not that I've ever done such a thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, because Geese have no right to live on Earth. I'd rather gave geese around me than guys like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geese can be pretty damned aggressive. Once I was taking a nice little stroll around Spring Lake when two geese decided they didn't like me and started chasing me and pecking at my legs and feet. If I hadn't been carrying an umbrella to fend them off, I could have been seriously injured; those buggers just wouldn't leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do this with my remote controlled boat in a lake when I was a kid. Hahahahaha! Memoriieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...