"Things You Wouldn't Know If We Didn't Blog Intermittently."
My father had to "put out the cat" once. A long-haired calico we had, she was never very sharp, stood over a candle. He noticed a smell and reached for her slowly when he saw wisps of smoke. He rolled her over in his arms and patted her belly fur. She apparently purred, happy for the attention. If he'd made a fast brag for her, she might have run off and caught fire...and/or knocked the candle over....this is why you should put candles on shelves if you have pets. Especially dumb pets.
Mine just lie on the keyboard when I'm at the 'puter.