13 January 2020

Scrapbook, part I

Before there were blogs, there were... scrapbooks.  Like many people in the pre-internet era, I saved scraps of interesting things into envelopes and folders and desk drawers, and eventually transferred them into "magnetic" photo albums.  Now I've reached the "downsizing" phase of my life, and have to decide what to do with bookshelves full of albums and scrapbooks.  I don't want to drag them around with me forever, but some of the material is too good to just throw in the dumpster.

So, I'll try scanning the pages into the blog.  The content varies from priceless to junky, but there's no time to sort things out or curate the content (and in any case old "magnetic" photo albums don't lend themselves to the rearranging of paper content, which starts to shred when you try to remove it.)

The text on these pages can be very difficult to read. One possible workaround is to right-click on a page to open it in a new tab, then zoom the image on that tab.

Here we go, with the Wayback machine set to the 1970s...


9 comments:

  1. cool stuff!!! i hope you make your scrapbook scans a regular item.

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15625 x 64 = 1000000 (top left of eighth image)

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on spotting the answer at the bottom middle of the same page.

      AFAIK, most or all of the puzzles, rebuses, mazes, cryptograms etc posted in the scrapbook have answers elsewhere, though not always on the same page.

      Delete
  3. It beats hitting a paywall when you want to read a link!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i posted my answer before i saw that theirs at the bottom. :-( they had an interesting way of getting that. i knew that one number had to end in a 5, then divided 1000000 by successive multiples of 2's (2, 4, 8, etc.) until i had two number that fit the requirement.

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you allow someone to buy them to scan and post them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ?? I don't understand why anyone would buy them. I'm selling a lot of my former life on eBay, but I hadn't even considered this material.

      Delete
  6. great idea. I'm at the same point in my life... what to do with all the accumulation of the past years of adult life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have the patience to complete one scrapbook, so I have a shoebox that's cram full of gems. What to do with some of this crazy and sublime material, is indeed a conundrum

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...