29 March 2012

I'm back


I've spent much of the past week with my feet propped up in the air, trying to relieve the congestion and edema that comes from undergoing bunion surgery - which basically involves cutting a metatarsal bone into several pieces and then scootching it over to a different position and then nailing it back together (but is not as bad as it sounds).

There are several aspects of the procedure (and some related aspects of health care financing) that are bloggable, but first I need to clear out over 60 links I saved while laid up.

Feet in the air is also a great position for reading, so I pulled Thomas Wolfe's You Can't Go Home Again off a shelf and spent many hours reading it; I've collected the best excerpts and will scatter them in a half-dozen posts today and tomorrow.

I'll have to take another break soon to slog through the income tax paperwork, but first we'll post some of this new material.

Photo via Seleene's Sandbox.

7 comments:

  1. Yea! Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! A speedy recovery to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back, now put your best foot forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're on the mend and back to entertain us. I hope it gets better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not aware that men get bunions, or that women were named Stan. We've missed you, Stanette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "or that women were named Stan" - look up the first name of President Obama's mother!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...