For the past five years, Technorati has been running an annual multi-part feature about the demographics, methodology, and business of blogging. This year there apparently will be five parts. Here is the introduction to the series and below are links to the topics.
Day 1 — Who Are the Bloggers?
Day 2 — The What and Why of Blogging
Day 3 — The How of Blogging
Day 4 — Monetization And Revenue Generation, Brands in the Blogosphere
Day 5 — 2009 Trends: Political Impact of Blogging, Twitter Usage
Serious bloggers should go to the primary source to study the reports. In the meantime, here are some interesting statistics from the Blog World Expo homepage:
- Over 12 million American adults currently maintain a blog.
- Over 57 million Americans read blogs.
- Technorati is currently tracking over 70 million blogs .
- There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day .
- 22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs .
- Blog readers average 23 hours online each week .