16 May 2008

Top 75 movie quotes

  1. “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.” Gone with the Wind.
  2. “Here’s lookin’ at you, kid.” Casablanca
  3. “I’ll be back.” Terminator
  4. “I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” The Wizard of Oz
  5. “Play it, Sam.” Casablanca
  6. “Say hello to my little friend.” Scarface
  7. “May the Force be with you.” Star Wars
  8. “I’m mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.” Network
  9. “But this goes to 11.” Spinal Tap
  10. “I see dead people.” The Sixth Sense
  11. “Go ahead, make my day.” Sudden Impact
  12. “You can’t handle the truth.” A Few Good Men
  13. “There’s no place like home.” The Wizard of Oz.
  14. “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’ll get.” Forrest Gump
  15. “I’ll get you my pretty, and your little dog too.” The Wizard of Oz
  16. “Yo, Adrian!” Rocky
  17. “They’re Here!” Poltergeist
  18. “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.” All About Eve
  19. “Stella….hey Stella.” A Streetcar Named Desire
  20. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.” Apocalypse Now
  21. “The stuff that dreams are made of.” The Maltese Falcon
  22. “We don’t need no stinkin’ badges.” Treasure of Sierra Madre
  23. “Bond, James Bond.” Dr. No
  24. “I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse.” The Godfather
  25. “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” Love Story
  26. “Rosebud.” Citizen Kane
  27. “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” Jaws
  28. “I coulda been a contender.” On the Waterfront
  29. “Show me the money!” Jerry Maguire
  30. “If you build it, he will come.” Field of Dreams
  31. “You’ve got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?” Dirty Harry
  32. “Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.” The Pride of the Yankees
  33. “The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.” Fight Club
  34. “Mrs. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me... Aren’t you?” The Graduate
  35. “You know how to whistle, don’t you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow.” Casablanca
  36. “I wish I knew how to quit you. ” Brokeback Mountain
  37. “All right, Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up.” Sunset Blvd.
  38. “Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.” Casablanca
  39. “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.” Cool Hand Luke
  40. “E.T. phone home.” E.T
  41. A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.” Silence of the Lambs.
  42. “After all, tomorrow is another day.” Gone with the Wind
  43. “I’ll have what she’s having.” When Harry Met Sally
  44. “Plastics.” The Graduate
  45. “Attica! Attica!” Dog Day Afternoon
  46. “Houston, we have a problem.” Apollo 13
  47. “You had me at hello.” Jerry Maguire
  48. “There’s no crying in baseball.” A League of Her Own
  49. “Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.” Wall Street
  50. “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.” Godfather II
  51. “Elementary, my dear Watson.” The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  52. “Here’s Johnny!” The Shining
  53. “You aint heard nothin’ yet!” The Jazz Singer
  54. “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” Psycho
  55. “No wire hangers!!!” Mommie Dearest
  56. “I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.” A Streetcar Named Desire
  57. “Hasta la vista, baby.” The Terminator
  58. “I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.” Airplane
  59. “Win just one for the Gipper.” Knute Rockne All American
  60. “My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” The Princess Bride
  61. “They call me Mr. Tibbs.” In the Heat of the Night
  62. “I’m walking here. I’m walking here.” Midnight Cowboy
  63. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” Dirty Dancing
  64. “Well, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into!” Sons of the Desert
  65. “I’m king of the world.” Titanic ”Why don’t you come up sometime and see me?” She Done Him Wrong
  66. “We rob banks.” Bonnie & Clyde
  67. “Nobody’s perfect.” Some Like it Hot
  68. “One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don’t know.” Animal Crackers
  69. “As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again.” Gone with the Wind.
  70. “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!” Dr. Strangelove
  71. “Get busy livin’ or get busy dyin’” The Shawshank Redemption
  72. “Fuggedaboutit” Donnie Brasco
  73. “Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes?” Sixteen Candles
  74. “..But I’m funny how? I mean, funny like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh?” Goodfellas
  75. “You complete me.” Jerry Maguire
from Glamorati.com

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see number 60 made it on to your list! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #22 is misquoted from the original -

    http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/116704

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...