28 December 2020

Steve Miller's bookcases

"I build book cases, but I can't keep up with the books. This one in the kitchen holds the "more-frequently referred-to" cookbooks. There are five shelves' worth elsewhere. I started cooking (and collecting) seriously after designing several cookbooks. I didn't know then I'd start designing furniture. Yes, the legs do curve on both outer surfaces."
"Nope, not more cookbooks. Not too sure what's in the boxes... This case is based closely on a Stickley D-handle bookcase, so it holds woodworking books. Occasionally, it's unloaded and hauled out for demos, since I now teach woodworking."
[Blogger's note:  I Googled Stickley + bookcases and found them being auctioned by Sotheby's !]

1 comment:

  1. Gotta comment on the avocado box. I have three of those babies from Costco, and they're sturdier than half of my furniture! The ideal box for lugging heavy books around. I keep one in the trunk of my car and I'm sure I've used it over a hundred times to haul everything from books to groceries to artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...