30 December 2020

Mama Bean's bookcases

"We have three shelf units, which were a wedding present. These two are in our family room. The left is one of the fiction units. It holds my husband’s Conan and fantasy books collections, a few shelves of our favourite series and novels, one shelf of things yet-to-be-read. In the bottom cupboard are the young adult novels (I don’t think I’ll ever stop reading YA literature,) and then my shelf of university/college texts (Chemistry and Chiropractic.) The right unit is the nonfiction one. The top shelves hold our bible collection, Calvin’s commentaries, and Luther’s sermons, and another shelf of miscellaneous theology books. (And some leaf art by myself and my daughter, and some keepsakes from the Northwest Territories, where hubby grew up.) The bottom cupboard holds more theology and religion books. There is a centre shelf of relief (lol) with our comics and art/museum books. (The unit not pictured has more fiction, including the Grisham collection, some books on gardening/home improvement, the photo albums, and my piano/choral sheet music collection.) "

"The second pic is our Children’s hutch, found in the same room on the wall facing the other units. The top shelves have the poetry books, the Tag Reader books, Little Mr/Miss books, Berenstein Bears, Little Critter, this behaviour series from when we were children ourselves, and the storybook collections/classics. The lower shelves have two bins of puzzles, a box of their daily daycare crafts, a shelf of “paper books” (with real pages) and two shelves of board books. They have almost outgrown those. My husband was just saying the other day we don’t have enough books for them. Thank goodness for the library!"

9 comments:

  1. OMGosh, I'm actually looking for something exactly like your second photo. Do you have any idea who makes (made) it? Thanks!

    PS: If this is a second comment, I apologize. Google commenting doesn't work with Chrome. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought it at Jysk, it is not terribly well-made :/ But it was cheap lol!

      Delete
    2. I love it! I want it! I covet it! It would be perfect for my guest room/bookcase/desk solution. THANKS!

      Delete
  2. I know this is about the bookcases, but I'm curious whether or not there's a story behind the guitars. Those are very nice looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are two of my husband's basses. Left is a Cort fretless, right is an Ibanez 5-string. Not pictured is his real baby, Fender 1952 reissue P bass.

      Delete
    2. Very nice! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I posted a comment earlier that was presumably eaten by the spamtrap. All I said was that I like the origami dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I've had him since Junior High (!!) My teacher's friend sold them, she had two larger ones in her classroom. I asked him to make me one, totally ignorant of how much he normally charges. And he did!

      Delete
    2. Oh man what was that guy's name?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...