26 December 2020

Jerry's bookcase

This is my home-office bookcase. I'm a freelance writer, and I write about motorcycles. Most of these books are technical volumes, or about motorcycle history. Some are travel books, others repair and service manuals. A couple of items of note on the top shelf: two apothecary jars containing dirt from famous race tracks, both long since gone. The salt shaker contains salt from the Bonneville Salt Flats, where land-speed records are set. The piston atop on the the jars is out of an old motorcycle I used to race. The stuffed Opus the Penguin is…well, it's just there.

3 comments:

  1. Opus! I used to have a stuffed Opus, back in 1986-ish, I wonder what happened to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic idea and is far more interesting than I imagined when I read about it in your first post. Sorry to doubt you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's interesting to me is the variety of people who visit here; this not a one-subject or one-viewpoint blog that attracts a monoculture of similar people. Lots of interesting characters (as this category will hopefully help demonstrate). :.)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...