- Accepted Trevor, of Norsham
- Redeemed Compton, of Battle
- Kill-Sin Pimple, of Witham
- Fly-Fornication Richardson, of Waldron
- Search-The-Scriptures Moreton, of Salehurst
- The-Peace-Of-God Knight, of Burwash
- Stand-Fast-On-High Stringer, of Crowhurst
- Fight-The-Good-Fight-Of-Faith White, of Ewhurst
And this observation:
In the late 17th century a member of the British parliament was named Praise-God Barebone, with brothers and sons named Fear-God Barebone, Jesus-Christ-Came-Into-The-World-To-Save Barebone, and If-Christ-Had-Not-Died-For-Thee-Thou-Hadst-Been-Damned Barebone.
The last changed his name to Nicholas.
More at the link. If you are intrigued by (or dismayed by) modern baby names, you should visit Baby's Named a Bad, Bad, Thing and the even more fascinating Baby Name Wizard.
Earliest *banner ads* I guessReplyDelete