29 December 2012

"After the breaking of the world"


A digital fantasy landscape by Seattle-based Dutch artist Jesse Van Dijk. (click for bigger)
His work evinces research into historical architecture, technological developments and the geological processes through which landscapes unfold. "If you create images and structures that are grounded in reality - that obey the laws of nature, complying with physics - the image becomes more expressive and powerful. I always look for something that could theoretically exist in reality. From my experience, the more you keep achievable possibilities in mind, the more creatively expressive the work becomes. My work allows suspension of disbelief by refusing to engage in the merely nonsensical."
Via Robs Webstek.

(I had to restrain myself from entitling this post "the physical cliff.")

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...