28 October 2019

Drawing dotted lines



A gif of this video was posted at Reddit; I was startled to note numerous comments indicating that people didn't understand that the split nib was designed to hold ink (they thought it was a clamp).  I still have two drafting kits that my father owned, with precision instruments embedded in velvet-lined custom cases.  I try to find uses for them when I can, because they are a joy to use.

But for drawing dotted lines on a chalkboard, there is a different technique -


3 comments:

  1. OK, I admit it, I don't get what Walter Lewins is doing to create the died lines. Any help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Oaq7Xea8Jo70tAW5rbPoBw&q=draw+dotted+lines+with+chalk&oq=draw+dotted+lines+with+chalk&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30l3.1206.5388..5695...0.0..0.162.2981.15j13......0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i131j0i10.liXcJkAcDd0&ved=0ahUKEwimvbfRjMjlAhUOOq0KHbnWDH0Q4dUDCAc&uact=5

      https://boingboing.net/2017/04/27/how-to-draw-dotted-lines-on-a.html

      Delete
  2. Well, again, I learn something new every day! What a totally esoteric piece of knowledge that I never knew I needed to know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...