06 October 2010

Butterfly theme at Paris Fashion Week


The Washington Post has a gallery of new offerings from fashion designers.

Pictured above are two views of a piece from Alexander McQueen.   As I searched for his homepage, I ran across a hat which he also designed.

My own fashion sense is admittedly quite limited.  Today I'm blogging while wearing sweat pants, a (nonmatching) sweat shirt, and old tennis shoes held together with duct tape.  But I am going to guess that the hat is not meant to be worn with the dress at the same time.  I could be wrong.  I hope so.

Butterflies gather in large groups for two reasons.  One is while overwintering on trees in sanctuaries.  The other is when they "puddle" to gather minerals from mud and dirt or from animal feces.  I presume that's not what the designer had in mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...