Events in the life of Welsh coal miner David Wilson, born 1846:Photo and the rest of the story at Futility Closet.
Seeing a pattern, he renounced for 28 years doing any work on Aug. 26, but in 1890 he forgot the date, went to work, and broke his left leg for the fourth time.
- Aug. 26, 1857: Fractured the forefinger of his right hand.
- Aug. 26, 1859: Fell from horseback and broke his left leg below the knee.
- Aug. 26, 1860: Broke both bones of his left forearm.
- Aug. 26, 1861: Broke his left leg above the ankle.
- Aug. 26, 1862: Broke both legs, the right one so badly that it had to be amputated.
29 August 2010