16 August 2010

An old desk in an old library

Photo from the "Cathedral Library of Kalocsa."

I love libraries - especially old libraries.  And I love photos of nooks and corners and desks surrounded by shelves of books.  Some of my favorite memories are of old libraries where I studied (and where I worked as a college student).

I suspect the desk in this photo is badly lit, and the floor squeaks, and perhaps it's cold and musty, but I'd love to sit at that desk and pull down a random book from a shelf and start browsing...

Photo found at Poemas del rio Wang.

4 comments:

  1. I forget who the quote is from, but one of my signature lines goes: "I have always imagined that paradise will be kind of like a library"

    DaBris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a classic quote from Jorge Luis Borges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This library is yours, whenever you jump over to Hungary… :)

    Thanks for the quotation!

    Tamás / Studiolum / Poemas del río Wang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in. I don't need fancy furniture, or frescoes on the ceiling,just some nice natural wood furniture, a room with a feeling of antiquity, and a buttload of interesting books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...