09 November 2013

I do like this Pope - updated



Addendum:   Found this story at Reddit today - "A couple being married at the Vatican were volunteers at a charity that uses humor therapy for sick children. So, when they met Pope Francis..."

It's the sort of behavior that wouldn't surprise me coming from a Lutheran clergyman, but that I would never previously have expected from a Pope.


"Germany’s recently suspended “Bishop of Bling” faces the prospect of seeing his lavish multimillion euro residence turned into a refugee centre or a soup kitchen for the homeless, Catholic church officials in his home diocese announced today.
Bishop Franz Peter Tebartz-van Elst was formally suspended last week amid accusations that he had spent over €31m (£26.5m) on renovating his official residence in Limburg. The charges, which earned the 53-year-old bishop his nickname, provoked outrage among German Catholics."

5 comments:

  1. Elect enough Popes, and you're bound to find some gems. This guy has his head in the right game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't change my view of the church, but I gotta admire the guy. He walks the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not religious, but I think he's a cool guy nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in agreement w/ everyone else: you can admire him, even as an atheist.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...