19 July 2010

Minneapolis in the 1950s

One of the last ice men in Minneapolis makes a delivery at 15th Street and Spruce Place. Photographer: Minneapolis Star, September 2, 1953:

Ice storm, downtown Minneapolis. Photographer: Minneapolis Star Journal Tribune. 14 January 1952:

Home of the Triple A Minneapolis Millers of the American Association. Nicollet Park is best remembered for its short right-field fence, only 279 feet, 10 inches from home plate:

Willie Mays in the Minneapolis Millers clubhouse, Nicollet Park, 19 May 1951:

Many more photos of Mpls in John McNab's Flickr photoset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...