- Persons over the age of 21 may possess up to one ounce of marijuana for personal consumption.
- May use marijuana in a non-public place such as a residence or a public establishment licensed for on site marijuana consumption.
- May grow marijuana at a private residence in a space of up to 25 square feet for personal use.
- Local government may authorize the retail sale of up to 1 ounce of marijuana per transaction, and regulate the hours and location of the business.
- Local government may authorize larger amounts of marijuana for personal possession and cultivation, or for commercial cultivation, transportation, and sale.
- Allows for the transportation of marijuana from a licensed premises in one city or county to a licensed premises in another city or county, without regard to local laws of intermediate localities to the contrary.
- Maintains existing laws against selling drugs to a minor and driving under the influence.
- Maintains an employers right to address on-the-job consumption of marijuana that affects an employee's job performance.
- Maintain existing laws against interstate or international transportation of marijuana.
Image: 1972 poster.