05 September 2010

Harriet Beecher Stowe as a young woman

A few weeks ago I posted a portrait of Georgia O'Keeffe as a young woman because I was so startled to see her as something other than a mature or elderly woman.  It's the same with Harriet Beecher Stowe.

This daguerreotype is in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, dated "1850s," which would make Ms. Stowe about 40 years of age (looks younger to me...)

Just a reminder (to me) that everyone was young once.

Via Turn of the Century.

4 comments:

  1. no link on the georgia o'keefe part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I've ever seen her as a young woman. Thanks.


    (tried to send you an email--hope that was okay--but it bounced back)

    ReplyDelete
  3. emails to me can be written to the "retag" address in the sidebar. I don't know why one would bounce; all the lame offers for link exchanges seem to come through...

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the O'keeffe link, apparently I had pasted in the title of the post rather than the url.

    Fixed.

    A mind is a terrible thing to lose...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...