19 September 2021

Have consideration for the crematorium staff

"A coconut that was placed inside a coffin "sent fear" through staff at a crematorium when it exploded.  Bolton Council has urged mourners to abide by crematorium rules and not "slip" items into coffins.  Donna Ball, Assistant Director of Community Services, said a "hell of an explosion can sometimes occur".

Other items of concern include mobile phones, TV remotes, e-cigarettes and bottles of alcohol... electrical items with batteries also push crematorium emissions up to "unacceptable levels".

The funeral director said on one occasion she was even asked if an extra set of underwear could be placed with the deceased.

Ms Walch-Grognet said it was her procedure to "look under the lining of the coffin" after the service due to mourners trying to sneak items in."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...