02 August 2017

Confronting one's fears

"In this documentary short titled Ten Meter Tower, Swedish filmmakers Maximilien Van Aertryck and Axel Danielson paid 67 people $30 to climb to the top of a ten meter (33 foot) high dive for the very first time all while being filmed. Would they decide to jump? Would they be too scared? The resulting footage is surprisingly riveting as people slowly come to terms with their fears and make a decision. It’s one thing to admit defeat in private, but adding the cameras must add a near insurmountable amount of pressure."
With a very nice conclusion.

Via Drabkikker.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I am terrified of heights, and so my stomach was roiling here... but I applaud the lady at the end who went off backwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was probably her 400th time, not a first time, but I thought it was an appropriate ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was far more compelling than I thought it would be!

    We have an "Olympic" pool near my home with a 30 meter board. When I was around 12 years old, my friends and I went and they dared me to jump. So up I went. I stood up there long enough for a lot of people to notice, and so the entire pool started cheering and/or taunting me to jump. After much worry, I did jump. It was exhilarating.

    Right after me, some diver dude went up there and did some kind of fancy, twisty sort of dive. Sort of stole my thunder a bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in high school, we had to go off the high board to pass PE class, senior year. I didn't want to, but I did it because I had to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...