10 December 2022

A glitch in the matrix?


I began my blogging routine this morning by checking for new comments and was gobsmacked when Blogspot asked me to screen these comments in the "spam" folder for inclusion or deletion.

All of them are from a couple weeks in the year 2014.  I have no idea where those comments have been stored - presumably on some immense server somewhere.  I have never seen any of them before.  I checked the posts - these comments were not there, so I approved them, and now they are on the posts.  Not that that will do any good.

But it makes me wonder how often this happens.  In particular, there are several regular (named) readers who have written me to report that their comments sometimes "disappear."  Perhaps they were sucked into the same wormhole from which these have now emerged.  It will be interesting to see if some server is now regurgitating old material, and whether other missing comments will now see the light of day.

Has any other Blogspot user (Miss C, Nag, Flippism, Woodsrunner, Bulletholes, Skeetmotis, Car Guy etc) experienced a similar phenomenon this week?

Addendum:  Today (Sunday, a day later) two more comments from 2014 showed up in my "spam" filter -  one from Drabkikker re a fake half-cat, and one from Jim re a New Zealand haka.

Monday: more late arriving comments, from Adrian Morgan, Maja, and some anons - again from 2014.  This reminds me of that science fiction trope of an airplane landing in modern Nebraska and an aircrew from WWII steps off, to everyone's puzzlement.

7 comments:

  1. Well, I don't get notifications, but this post spurred me to check my "awaiting moderation" list, and there are a ton of them on posts that are years old. However, the dates they were supposedly posted are in October and November 2022. Maybe people are really commenting on very old posts, and I sure need to check that file more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing here at bullet holes. But I am hardly an active poster. Even the Bots have abandoned me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the comments from 2014 are all on posts written after 2014, then the problem is probably related to the reset of the time vortex that happened in June of 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comments from 2014 are on posts written in 2014.

      Delete
  4. Fake half-cat, lol. I have no active memory of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2014/09/panoramic-photo-oddities.html

      Delete
  5. Relieved to see that my comment just published in 2022, written in 2014, linking to a video from 2008, survived and isn’t even a dead link by now! Hurrah

    If you read this in 2030, no hard feelings ;) I’m happy to sit in queues

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...