22 September 2019

Saying goodbye to cameras


And note the different vertical scales for the two datasets.  Via.

Posted because I'm in the process of deciding what to do with my old hiking companion of the 1970s - a Minolta XE-7 with 28-80 wide-angle to zoom macro lens, plus a padded holster, extension tubes, and assorted filters and accessories.  I enjoyed a couple decades of wildflower and nature photography, but now practicality trumps sentiment.  Really sorry to see this stuff go (if I can find a place for it to go).

2 comments:

  1. To be fair, digital cameras from the peak generally still work. I have two cameras, one from 2005 and the other from 2008 that I still use and work fine. So I don't have that much need to buy a new digital camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can either sell on eBay for a few bucks, or donate to a local school or camera club that still indulges in film...

    I recently donated some rather expensive darkroom equipment to a private individual- had considerable difficulty giving it away...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...