19 May 2022

A heckofa difficult cryptic puzzle


I have subscribed to Harper's Magazine for as long as I can remember -  probably since the last glacial maximum - primarily for the challenge of solving the monthly cryptic puzzle. 

Embedded above is one of the most challenging ones I have encountered in recent years.  To solve the puzzle you need to fold the pattern into a cube.  Then the entered answers may be entered normally or backwards.

It took me three evenings to suss this one out (when I'm stumped I prefer to walk away and hope my subconscious will work on it while I do other things).  

No spoilers here, but if terminally frustrated puzzlers want to email me at the blog's address in the right sidebar, I can offer some subtle suggestions to get you jump-started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...