07 May 2019

"Notes on a Scandal" (trailer)


 Judi Dench and Kate Blanchett, each at the top of their game - both of them nominated for Academy Awards for their performances in this film (Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress).  Also nominated for Best Screenplay and Best Original Score (Philip Glass).  And finally, the 2003 novel on which the movie was based was itself shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize.

The subject matter of the film will leave some viewers uncomfortable, but this is clearly a superb movie.  Available on Netflix etc, and on DVD at your local library,

4 comments:

  1. Ah, on Netflix maybe, but not on Netflix in my country.
    Maybe I need to get a VPN, so no one knows that I am living on a little island in the South Pacific

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I watched it for the first time (somehow I'd missed this movie). Good one indeed, interesting characters and great acting (I like the ambiguity in who is good and who is bad). Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Any chance you might fire up "Webstek" again??

      Delete
    2. I've got a lot of ideas and saved a lot of links. I just need to find the time somehow.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...