22 January 2022

Wi-Fi extender


I don't typically do product endorsements (and never for money), but I want to share my experience with the item above.

Our house has a relatively "dead zone" for Wi-Fi.  The router is placed optimally for servicing the computers, but the television's location results in intermittent loss of signal ("Wi-Fi not connected" message interruptions repeatedly while watching a movie).  

This extender was relatively cheap ($25).  It came with instructions that included downloading a program and keying in various codes, but blessedly there was an "alternate" method:  plug this in near your router, wait for the light to stop blinking, then plug it in closer to the dead spot.  Problem solved in ten minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Cool! So you didn't have to create an account and use the Tether app? Maybe that's just for the advanced functions. https://smile.amazon.com/TP-Link-AC750-WiFi-Range-Extender/dp/B07N1WW638
    Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I see from the Installation PDF that there's three setup methods, only one of which requires the app and an account. You must have used the WPS button method.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct. I had actually already downloaded the Tether app to my phone and was dreading the next steps when I glanced at the "alternative" and quickly decided to try that first. It was easy enough even for an English major like me.

      Delete
  3. I purchased one of these and was not happy with the results. It just didn't work for me. I then purchased 3 Eero units and am very happy. I've got wifi everywhere now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...