20 December 2020

Word for the day: Teslanaires

"On Monday, Tesla will join the S&P 500 Index, a huge milestone for Elon Musk and the company he’s led as chief executive officer since 2008. It’s also a big day for the legions of retail investors who flocked to Tesla’s clean-energy mission and rode out numerous storms — production misses, Elon’s tweets and even the pandemic market crash. 

Those who held on have been handsomely rewarded: Tesla’s shares have soared this year after five consecutive quarters of profits and growing sentiment on Wall Street that the shift toward electric vehicles is accelerating. 

Where the stock heads from here is up for intense debate. To begin with, investors and analysts still wrangle over what Tesla is: A car company? A clean-energy behemoth? A technology company? There’s also disagreement over how it should be valued. Goldman Sachs has a price target of $780, while JPMorgan Chase’s is down at $90."
More details at Bloomberg.  Also here.  Full disclosure: I missed this boat.

2 comments:

  1. My Tesla stock has gone up ~6x since I purchased. But I only purchased $2000 worth. Nice gains, but not going to retire any time soon :) (if I had gambled my whole nest egg, then I'd be in nice shape!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...