02 July 2022

One hundred years ago today


Image and text from the Pioneer Press.  Additional details at Wikipedia.

I have vivid memories of a gorgeous summer weekend in the 1960s when a friend tried for the better part of an afternoon to get me up on water skis.  We tried over and over, from the shore, from the dock, and repeatedly from the lake.  My ankles were too weak for me to maintain both skis pointed in the same direction; she did not have any trick skis for me to try, and sit skis had not been invented yet.  I wound up drinking a lot of Lake Minnetonka that day, but the memories are pleasant and will last forever.

2 comments:

  1. The one sport I was able to do: never bend your arms and never straighten your knees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness - Lake Minnetonka was where I learned to water ski, and in the early 60s at that. I could get up, and not fall too quickly, but never learned to cross the wake.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...