Rocky why do you suspect the description of it being unusually thick? Have you read something or heard something, or do you think the statement is typical Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Somehow my comment got cut off. What I intended was " I suspect that describing it as "an unusually thick layer" Is an attempt to get the less Intelligent to try to peel it off.
I left your comment but I don't understand it. All the conventional news media report that the gilding layer is unusually thick. The statues were in fact originally gilded when installed, but the gilding had worn off over the decades. To my mind the question is why the $$ expenditure now when the American taxpayers are experiencing major financial problems. This was not privately funded.
" the White House has just ordered 250 brand new Cadillac Escalades, giant SUVs which have a suggested retail price of more than $90,000 each and cost significantly more to customize for secure uses.
“We ordered 250 Escalades. That’s how we look sharp in those cavalcades, you know,” Trump said during a rambling, hour-long address at a General Motors facility in Michigan.
“We look sharp in those Escalades. Our guys are very spoiled. They’re very spoiled. They like the Escalade. So do I.”
I suspect That describing it as "an unusually thick layer"
ReplyDeleteRocky why do you suspect the description of it being unusually thick? Have you read something or heard something, or do you think the statement is typical Trump Derangement Syndrome?
DeleteSomehow my comment got cut off. What I intended was " I suspect that describing it as "an unusually thick layer" Is an attempt to get the less Intelligent to try to peel it off.
DeleteI left your comment but I don't understand it. All the conventional news media report that the gilding layer is unusually thick. The statues were in fact originally gilded when installed, but the gilding had worn off over the decades. To my mind the question is why the $$ expenditure now when the American taxpayers are experiencing major financial problems. This was not privately funded.
DeleteConsider this news blurb today:
Delete" the White House has just ordered 250 brand new Cadillac Escalades, giant SUVs which have a suggested retail price of more than $90,000 each and cost significantly more to customize for secure uses.
“We ordered 250 Escalades. That’s how we look sharp in those cavalcades, you know,” Trump said during a rambling, hour-long address at a General Motors facility in Michigan.
“We look sharp in those Escalades. Our guys are very spoiled. They’re very spoiled. They like the Escalade. So do I.”
You know who else loved Cadilac's? Frank Salemme, Al Capone, and Mickey Cohen.
DeleteMegalomaniacs gonna megalomaniac, no matter the economy. Barf.
ReplyDeleteNo doubt using his pool painters new LLC to do the work best.
ReplyDeleteCodex
ReplyDeleteNot commenting on what he meant or why he said it.
Public statues are not painted but gold-leafed. Expensive upkeep so they are usually cast in bronze then leafed on top.