13 August 2024

Iconic photo from the 2024 Olympics

Podium worship by Elsa Garrison (400mm, 1/250th sec, f/3.5, iso 2500)
“To me what makes this picture special is that it embodies the Olympic spirit: athletes supporting and celebrating each other. Throughout the week I had been following Simone Biles and Jordan Chiles, the American gymnasts, on social media and in their interviews. They had been singing the praises of the Brazilian gymnast, Rebeca Andrade, so I had a feeling that if Andrade were on the podium they would do something special. My colleagues were photographing the ceremony down on the ‘field of play’, so I went up to the lower bowl and found a spot that was as close to head-on as possible. I chose the lower bowl so that I could still see their faces, but I was also high enough to get a clean background.”
From a gallery of interesting Olympic photos at The Guardian.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...