20 December 2019

Fiendishly difficult Christmas quiz


A sample question from the Royal Statistical Society's annual challenge.  Here are some samples from previous years:

Here's a good puzzle for you (2016)

For puzzle enthusiasts - updated with answers (2017)

Those should keep you busy while I go do some last-minute Christmas shopping this morning.  I'm going to defer tackling the RSS quiz this year (looks way too hard for me) and will instead await the release of the King William's College General Knowledge Paper this weekend (to be published in The Guardian).

4 comments:

  1. All I can tell you is that 2001 is divisible by 29.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too, but I checked and it has more than 29 chapters.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the update. In retrospect, it's a good thing I gave up early.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...