02 March 2024

Fireflies


I'm sure I've posted other nighttime photos of fireflies in the past, but this must be the most remarkable one I've ever encountered.  Considering the extremely long exposure time needed, I'm sure the photographer must have had to mask out the relatively-brighter distant skyline or perhaps stacked multiple images.

From the Natural History Museum's Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.  Image credit Sriram Murali (and many more excellent photos at the link).

1 comment:

  1. I have seen trees filled with fireflies - nothing as prolific as those, tho. These looked like someone had strung green yellow Christmas tree lights in the trees, and set them to random blink. Very inspiring in the dark.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...