31 May 2023

Road trips in (average) 70-degree weather


I like the "interior route" because it heads north from Madison, Wisconsin through Minneapolis to Duluth and then right past Leech Lake in northern Minnesota in the first week of June.  Perfect.

Those who live at these latitudes know that not only is the weather perfect then, but the twilight extends to way late in the evening.  For Leech Lake at the summer solstice, "civil twilight" extends to 9:45 pm, "nautical twilight" until 10:30, and "astronomical twilight" until midnight !

2 comments:

  1. Over the weekend I was enjoying the 70 degree weather and wondering if we could follow in our airstream. Now I need to figure out how to plan these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Los Angeles often experiences high temps in winter because of the Santa Ana winds. I remember buying my first air conditioner one year in February when it was over 100 degrees three days in a row.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...