12 March 2022

This is my rental flat in Kharkiv, Ukraine


In a followup to my post from last week, after some brief research I did go ahead and book a rental unit in Ukraine with no intention of visiting, in order to test out this method of providing a modicum of support to someone there.

There were of course lots of places available via airbnb; I opted for a unit in a city rather than a guest house in the country, and chose a low-priced one on the assumption that the funds would go to an individual or family rather than to a hotel or corporation.  I messaged the host to suggest they could offer the room to an internal refugee or use the funds for whatever they need.  I did receive a nice thank-you reply:
Thanks for the support. None of the refugees will want to stay in this flat - people are fleeing from such apartments. Therefore, the money will go to the purchase of the most necessary: food and medicine. Thanks again.  --Дмитро

Update: A brief video shows why residents and refugees are not staying in Kharkiv.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...