03 March 2022

Cremated ash tatoos: "I've got you under my skin"

The prevalence of ash tattoos is increasing as a way for those mourning a loved one to cherish that person’s life and legacy. Some are even doing it with an animal who has died...

Your Angel’s Ink uses a three-step thermal sterilization process to mechanically infuse the ashes. Those who purchase ink on his website receive a collection kit in the mail that they can use to extract just a teaspoon of ash, which they then send back to the company...

When people ask how many children he has, Ventimiglia says he still has two: one physical and one spiritual. While watching TV, he sits with his arms crossed and his hands touching his ash tattoos, he said, so he can give his youngest son a hug.
The image is a screencap from the video embedded at the NPR station's website.  The song lyrics are here.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard of ashes being compressed into a "gem" and put in ring or necklace, etc.

    I told me son--half in jest--to take my ashes, mix it into the concrete he uses to build his house, and there I'll be.

    But while no one in our family has tattoos, I actually like this better than the rest. You could tattoo someone's name, born/died dates, and a loving statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the collection kit includes instructions on how to make the ashes?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...