12 July 2019

"...a situation dreaded by pet owners: dying alone and being eaten"

An article at National Geographic addresses the question "Would Your Dog Eat You if You Died?  Get the Facts."

The answer is yes.  And the dog (or cat) would probably start at your face, not with your belly as wild cats and dogs do.

I'll let you read this on your own.  Coincidentally I encountered a related article at the Washington Post the following day, about a man eaten by his own dogs.  They also ate his clothes ("authorities discovered dog feces with hair, more bone and fabric — remnants that matched the only outfit Mack was known to wear.")

Filed in the TYWKIWDBI category.

3 comments:

  1. TYDWTKBNIDA
    Things you don't want to know but now I do anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be more upset (if I were around) that my cat would be put down after having been discovered stuffed with parts of moi.

    Lurker111

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I wouldn't mind. After all... I'd already be dead. And seeing as I love my cats, if my last act on this earth was feeding them, that's rather satisfying. Not like I have any other major plans for my corpse.

    Unless my cats eat things that could be donated, because I am an organ donor... Oh well, still saving lives either way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...