20 May 2015

Annoying magazine subscription renewal reminders

Although your subscription doesnt expire for another six months there are several benefits to renewing early:
You wont receive another annoying renewal notice again this year. You can avoid subscription price increases for up to two years. You will have the peace of mind of knowing that you won’t miss one single issue.
And now renewing is even easier, all you have to do is click on the link below, choose your renewal option, and youre done. It couldn’t get any easier.
Copied verbatim from the email I received from Harper's magazine.  I love the magazine for its varied content and the monthly cryptic puzzle, but I am recurrently annoyed when I am asked to renew six months before the subscription expires.

Maybe they could use my funds to hire a copyeditor to insert apostrophes* and remove comma splices...

*looking at their text as HTML, it appears that apostrophes were in the original, but didn't display at my end.

4 comments:

  1. i get similar 'six months before' renewal reminders, but via usmail. i save them, as of the five or six reminders that i will get, one invariably has a dirt cheap super low rate for the magazine - like 20 bucks for three years of time - where the other reminders, for the same magazine, are not as good.

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I detest those reminders and hope to eventually meet the copyeditor, who literarily sulks about like a hyena, if only to remind him/her that I should be within my rights to deal him/her the wages of sin, on the spot. By the by, I'd settle for an active address to which I can ship one of those laborious, glitter-filled envelopes, the young folks keep tweeting about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the very least, I'd send a package of unrefrigerated, detestable, black licorice. Justice all but demands a response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Our audience is like people who like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice." — Jerry Garcia. December 10, 1981 to Geraldo Rivera on NBC's "20/20" news magazine.

      I-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...