A time-tagged list of the many hundreds of sources for these movie clips is available at the Sleepy Skunk tumblr page. When I view these rapid-fire mashups, I like to keep the list open in a separate window so I can click back-and-forth to identify movies that might be worth checking out from the library. And since everything in the mashup is of necessity out of context, I find it useful to turn on the closed captions icon to clarify the dialogue.
The quotation cited at 0:48-0:53 is one of my favorite passages from Charles Dickens (originally in Our Mutual Friend). The dialogue at 0:23-0:37 is from Past Lives, which I reviewed and rated 4+ last year. And the Dennis Quaid quotation is laugh-out-loud funny in this context.
Why is there a dot ... a tittle ... over the i in Barbie in the above picture ?
ReplyDeleteDid they think people would call her Barble without it ?
Codex
ReplyDeleteHave you seen the Menu?
Saw it in 2023, rated it 3+ (good, not planning rewatch)
Delete