30 January 2024

Introducing the sidebar


Not long ago I realized that not all readers of TYWKIWDBI know that there is a "sidebar" on the right of the main column of posts.  Apparently some prefer to access this blog only via the small screen of a phone, and are thus unaware of other resources located beyond the phone's screen.  The top part of the sidebar has "meet and greet" stuff (thumbnail description, search box, bio, list of followers, feed links etc).  Below that...


... is an expandable archive extending back to 2007 - useful on those not infrequent days when I don't have time to post new material and you'd like to browse some TYWKIWDBI posts without scrolling backwards forever from the front page.  I recently spent part of an everning revisiting 2015 and found several items to repost.  And below that...


... is the much more useful "Categories" index.  That's where I refer newbies who are visiting for the first time.  I suggest they pick out a topic of interest to browse, rather than trying to go back sequentially through pages that are individually a mish-mash of multiple topics (most new visitors reflexly click on "humor.")  The topic list is twice as long as the embed above.

Below that is material that is generally useless - a list of my sources for material, which is way outdated and full of dead links.  I should either revise or delete it.

2 comments:

  1. I've used the categories list multiple times; it can be quite fun!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd agree with spring cleaning the source material list, but I shared something on it just the other day. A refreshed version would be appreciated, especially as some of my old favourites (e.g. Cynical C) are no more

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...