30 August 2023

Interesting mathematical card trick


I'm going to try to add this to my repetoire.  The video also demonstrates two different fake shuffles, which are useful tools for many tricks, and also one apparently not-to-difficult-to-do way to force a card onto the victim.  After that the trick is a purely mathematical one - which in itself is interesting.

But... one thing I've noticed is that the victim is instructed to create a random number "somewhere in the millions."  But apparently you need to stop the victim at that point because if the random number is in the hundreds of millions, the resultant addend might become too high for the trick to work (i.e. greater than 27).  Perhaps could be compensated for by including a fourth or fifth duplicate card.

3 comments:

  1. I was a professional poker dealer for a while, and as a result, I stopped trying to do slight-of-hand card magic because I wanted my players to think I wasn't trying to pull a fast one on them haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have duplicate cards, you could always have them add the digits together of the result if over a single digit. Then will will always end up with 9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a number of 'self working ' or 'no setup' cards tricks that do not require duplicate cards, forced deals, etc. They are nice because anyone can do them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...