"Things You Wouldn't Know If We Didn't Blog Intermittently."
Pretty well sums up 95% of the USA's population for the rest of the world.('Embrace the 5% for they are the thinkers, the doers, the leaders') (William 23:03)
I wish that "astronots" was spelled that way on purpose--it would be a great pun for those who hold these beliefs.
Not sure about this particular person, but the pun is definitely used among flatties. As are "astronaughts" and "astronuts".
Texas ,per chance ?
The location is noted at the "via" link.
help me with this. is this supposed to be a single thought? the spelling & grammar are so tormented, i cannot make sense of what is trying to be expressed. beyond general anger at science & technology.
It's supposed to read "They know [you're] stupid [and will believe anything, like the earth being round - note the yellow bumper sticker]. All NASA is [a] hoax; space is fake [especially the moon landing.""Astronots" could be a pun (astro - not). The "200 proofs..." bumper sticker is apparently promoting a flat earth book -https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1709&bih=1033&ei=DTh7XtWXDce7tgXJtYuoBw&q=200+proofs+the+earth+is+not+a+spinning+ball&oq=200+proofs+the+ear&gs_l=img.22.214.171.1241.4298..6290...1.0..0.94.1624.19......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i131j0i24j0i30.BtRKT8bjcgs
I have a hard time understanding the appeal of believing in a flat earth, so I googled it. Lots of info. I found a short read and a long read regarding the issue, which mostly seems to center around a belief in conspiracies and lack of (or mistrust of) science knowledge. People seem to be more open to conspiracy theories in times of social crisis.Short read: Flat Earth: What Fuels the Internet's Strangest Conspiracy Theory? https://www.livescience.com/61655-flat-earth-conspiracy-theory.htmlLong read: Differential susceptibility to misleading flat earth arguments on youtube.https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15213269.2019.1669461