25 August 2026

1 comment:

  1. I am from East Tennessee--and a member of the same denomination that Parton grew up in (Church of God). She was one of those rare people that had wisdom that was not based on some PR expert's focus groups, but on true insight.

    Had she done the Dixie Chicks thing and went political, lots of people would have had to say, "I like Dolly, but I hate her politics," etc. As it stands, all of us can claim her....

    I can claim here as a conservative since East Tennesseans are typically conservative (even if many are Democrats based on tradition). And the liberals can claim her for her openness to those who lived life differently (trans, gays, etc.).

    Yes, Dolly for President. If we had some sort of AI that could actually mimic her thoughts, we'd be better off than we've been since, I suppose, Teddy Roosevelt. Can you imagine Putin trying to turn down an overture from President Parton? She might have been the only person who could have actually ended the war in Ukraine in a week.

    God bless Dolly for all her contributions to this world. And God bless us for now having to live without this light in the world. May we all seek to pick up her torch and continue onward.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...