24 August 2026

The happy people of Mayberry


Found online years ago.  I have no idea whether this is true; I've never watched the show.

5 comments:

  1. They were all single except Otis. But Barney was neurotic. Aunt Bea was fussy and needy. Floyd was a space cadet. Goober and Gomer were not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. Andy may have been on saativa. Opie was the only one normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. I hadn't noticed it before, but it's true: no marriages aside from Otis's.

    Perhaps the narrative advantage was that love stories in the show were always short-lived. They never bogged the plot down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the people named, true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never watched the show? That is how the rest of us learned what small town life is like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Andy married Helen would there now be an Andywood up by Mt Airy?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...