24 July 2023

"Beau is Afraid"


This is a very unusual and interesting movie - a three-hour-long immersion in someone else's anxieties.  There were a half-dozen scenes during which I laughed out loud (literally) at the utterly outrageous surrealism.  Joaquin Phoenix was excellent, as was Patti LuPone in her movie-concluding maternal rant.  I found the ending to be unsatisfying, but overall watching it was a memorable experience.

This song was featured during the movie:


Bread was never one of my favorite bands, but anyone who lived through the 70s will remember hearing this over and over on the radio.

4 comments:

  1. Beau Bridges is not in this film. I think you meant to type Joaquin Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That was a complete brain fart by me. And I probably should blog his "C'mon C'mon" which I also enjoyed.

      Delete
    2. Found my old post about "C'mon C'mon" which I've now reposted to accompany this one.

      Delete
  2. Ouch, such bad kerning. Thought it said Beauis Afraid until the very end of the trailer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...