26 December 2007
Worst Christmas eve - ever
The 77-year-old spent part of Monday wedged in the tank's opening upside down, with his head inside.
DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa man who got stuck above his septic tank is calling it the worst Christmas Eve ever.
The 77-year-old spent part of Monday wedged in the tank's opening upside down, with his head inside and his feet kicking into the air above. He'd been trying to find a clog, but lost his balance. He says he hollered for help, but it was an hour before his wife walked by a window and noticed two feet in the air. It eventually took two Polk County sheriff's deputies to yank the man free.
He says he's very glad his wife spotted him, adding that he couldn't have lasted much longer.
[...perhaps literally. Septic tank atmospheres are not only oxygen-deficient, but may have high levels of the irritant gas ammonia and the asphyxiant gas hydrogen sulfide. He's lucky to be alive.]
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment