08 August 2026

I am lucky I'm not someone else


“It’s a troublesome world.  All the people who are in it
Are troubled with troubles almost every minute.
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot,
For the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.”

Recently found this quotation about the "genetic lottery," so I've requested the book from the library.

2 comments:

  1. We had to move my mother to assisted living last year, just after her 95th birthday. Everytime I visit her I am amazed that even though she is one of the older residents there, she is still in the top quartile both mentally and (expecially) physically. Her mother made it to 96. I hope that some of those genes are on the Y chromosome. (Looking at other people I know who are my age (70) or younger gives me some hipe.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want that authentic library experience:
    https://online.fliphtml5.com/zpvwo/hglk/#p=1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...